Bangladesh, to the east of India on the Bay of Bengal, is a South Asian country marked by lush greenery and many waterways. Its Padma (Ganges), Meghna and Jamuna rivers create fertile plains, and travel by boat is common. On the southern coast, the Sundarbans, an enormous mangrove forest shared with Eastern India, is home to the royal Bengal tiger.
* Must have passed qualifying examinations (HSC/ ‘A’ level) or equivalent examination.
* Class 10 (X) or SSC/ ‘O’ or equivalent examination passed not before 2018; Class 12 [XII (10+2)] or HSC/ ‘A’ or equivalent examination passed not before 2020.
* Minimum aggregate GPA in SSC or equivalent and HSC or equivalent: 7.00 (eight).
* Min. GPA either in SSC or equivalent or in HSC or equivalent: 3.5
* Minimum GP in biology: 3.5
* For calculation of GPA against the marks obtained in SSC/ ‘O’ level or equivalent exam, only the top 5 subjects are considered for calculation of GPA. Therefore, GPA in ‘O’ level = (total marks obtained in the top five subjects): 5
* For calculation of GPA against the marks obtained in HSC/ ‘A’ level or equivalent exam, only 3 subjects (Physics, Chemistry, and Biology) are considered for calculation of GPA.
* Qualifying Grade in each subject individually is “C”. Therefore, GPA in ‘A’ level = (total marks obtained in three subjects) : 3
* Year of passing 12th Not More than One year gap. (That is if you apply for the 2021 session, you must pass class XII Std – 2020 or after)
The climate and culture in Bangladesh is very much similar to that in India making it easier for Indian students to adjust in Bangladesh. FMGE passing percentage has been the highest in Bangladesh making it the best option for students to study there. Low fees MBBS in Bangladesh no hidden cost involved.
Bangladesh Medical College (BMC) Is The First Private Medical College In
Bangladesh. It Was Established In 1986 By A Group Of Dedicated People Called The Founder Members Who
Were Imbued With The Ideals Of Providing Quality Medical Education, Research And Services To People Of
This Country At Reasonable Cost. The College And The Hospital Are Run By Bangladesh Medical Studies And
Research Institute (BMSRI) Which Is A Non Political And Non Profitable Organization. The Members Of The
Institute Are Not Entitled To Any Remuneration Or Dividends. Geneva Declaration (12 October 1949).
he College is recognized by the Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council since 1986. BMC has been enlisted in the World Directory of Medical Schools effective 1995 published by World Health Organization which entitles the graduates of BMC recognition all over the world. Graduates of BMC are eligible for limited registration with the General Medical Council of United Kingdom. They are also eligible to take the United States Medical License Examinations (USMLE).
The Dhaka National Medical College inherits her glorious predecessor the
Dhaka National Medical Institute, which was established in 1925 as a part of Non-cooperation movement of
the Indian Sub-continent against the British colonial rule, organized jointly by the Indian National
Congress and the Indian Muslim League under the Leadership of Mahatma Gandhi, Mawlana Muhammad Ali and
Mawlana Sawkat Ali.
Along with other programs the Non-cooperation movement urged upon the People of the sub-continent to
boycott educational institutions established and administered by British Govt. and to establish National
Schools, Colleges and Institutes for modern scientific education by the local people themselves.
Accordingly two Medical Schools were established in the Bengal Province for producing National Doctors
of modern medicine. One such Medical School was at Calcutta, named Calcutta National Medical Institute
and the other at Dhaka, named Dhaka National Medical Institute.
The Dhaka National Medical Institute was established at Dhaka near Bahadur Shah Park on a land donated
by Zamider Raghunath Das. Many Nationalist donated money for its construction & establishment. The First
Governing Body of the Institute was formed under the chairmanship of a renowned scientist Sir Prafulla
Chandra Roy KBE. The governing body included Nationalist leaders like Sir Khwaza Nazim Uddin KBE, former
Chief Minister of the Begnal, Dr. J.C. Ghosh founder of Ayuraveda Institute, Shadhana Ausadhalya, Roy
Bahadur Kashab Chandra Banarjee, Zamider Jogesh Chandra Das and prominent persons.
The Institute started its journey of a four year medical course (LMF) on modern scientific medicine
A general Hospital for clinical teaching for the medical students and medical services to the local
people was also established.
In 1958, the 4 years medical course (LMF) was closed by the then Provincial government of East Pakistan
to be replaced by 5 year medical degree course in future (MBBS). The Dhaka National Medical Institute
could not open the 5 year MBBS course due to non-cooperation of Pakistan Govt. From the 1965 the Dhaka
National Medical Institute became limited to a general hospital for the local people.
In 1971, during Liberation war of Bangladesh the Dhaka National Medical Institute Hospital was a safe
shelter for the Freedom Fighters of the Liberation War. Just after the liberation of Bangladesh in 1972
the hospitals condition was on the verge of collapse due to financial crisis and absence of any
Administrative Body as the previous Governing Body and the Trustee Board of the Institute were almost
Father of the Nation, Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman took initiative by himself to rescue the Dhaka
National Medical Institute Hospital and granted a Taka of thirty five lacs immediately for running the
hospital and an Adhoc Governing Body was formed for the Institute hospital under the chairmanship of Mr.
M. Sirajul Islam MLA for the smooth administration and development of the hospital. Mr. M. Sirajul Islam
took active initiative to allocate a donation of taka twenty five lacs from Bangladesh Assistance
Society of India.
A rule was made by the Govt. of Bangladesh for the Dhaka National Medical Institute Hospital (DNMIH)
that a Management Board will be formed henceforth for every four years of its proper administration and
a yearly financial grant will be allotted for the hospital according to the need assessed by the
Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of Bangladesh. The initial financial grant for the Hospital
was Taka two crore yearly. Now it is Tk. Five Crore. In return, the hospital shall treat 40% of its
From the very beginning the Management Board of the Dhaka National Medical Institute Hospital proposed
and moved for establishing one Medical Collage with the DNMIH. At last in 1994 under dynamic leadership
of the chairman of the Management Board of the Dhaka National Medical Institute & Hospital Mr. Sadeque
Hossan Khoka MP, the long expected Dhaka National Medical College came into existence. The College was
formerly inaugurated and the foundation stone was laid by the former Prime Minister on the 15th October,
1995. New Academic Building of the College inaugurated by former Mayor of Dhaka City Corporation and
former Chairman of the College Mr. Sadek Hossain Khoka MP, on the 25th November, 2006. DNMC is running
as per rules and regulations laid down by the University of Dhaka, Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council
(BM&DC) and Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh. Dhaka
National Medical College is a non-political and non-profitable organization. Now the college has a new
11 storied academic building with adequate parking facilities.
Graduates of Dhaka National Medical College are eligible for limited registration with the General
Medical Council of United Kingdom. They are also eligible to take the United States Medical License
Governing body of the college is formed by the University of Dhaka for overall management of the
College. Advocate Kazi Firoz Rashid, MP is the Chairman of the present governing body of the college.
Under his direct leadership the master plan of the vision to build up the digital Bangladesh of Prime
Minister SK Hasina is in progress.
The National Medical family is proud for the gradual & steady development during the period of Sheikh
Hasina's Government under the Chairmanship of Advocate Kazi Firoz Rashid, MP.
Recent developments of College & Hospital :
* Valuable land expansion to build up a new student Hostel (SHEIKH RUSSEL INTERNATIONAL HOSTEL).
* Establishment of nursing institute is under process.
* Vertical extension of the academic building according to the recognized plan is completed for the Dental Unit of the college.
* Extension of clinical activities by opening the new building.
* Opening of new Department like Dental Unit, Interventional Cardiology (Cathlab), Neuro-medicine, Nephrology, Gastroenterology and Endocrinology with well equipments and efficient man power.
* Improvement and expansion of Laboratory medicine, Radiology and Imaging.
* Uninterrupted power supply by modern automated generator system both in hospital and college for 24 hours
* Central AC service is ensured in college building as a construction plan.
* New two lift in hospital building is added.
* To ensure the better and efficient patients care, Fast-track consultant services both morning & evening has been introduced.
Once a student pays his yearly Tuition and hostel fees to the University
he/she is automatically entitled to the following facilities of the University:
* Every student will get furnished hostel accommodation single, double or triple type of room) having the following facilities. There are separate rooms for girls.
* Furniture which includes bed, study table, visitors chairs, bookshelf, side table, etc.
* Mattresses, blanket, bed sheets, pillow, curtains, etc.
* Common kitchen with all amenities except utensils
* Common recreation center
* Hot and cold water supply
* Centralized heaters to keep the hostel rooms warm on winter between November and March
* Lift facilities
* Every weekend the students get their bedspreads, blankets and pillow covers changed
* Free books, course materials and printed lecture notes are given for all subjects. The lecture notes can be used for all exam preparation in India including the screening test and PG entrance exams in all states of India.
* Medical facilities including accident insurance (upon payment of Medical insurance)
* Free on call emergency ambulance services (Emergency toll free no: 103)
* Free access to reading rooms, libraries and laboratories
* Free access to all the training and recreational facilities, parks, museum, etc.
* Access to sports facilities (Gym, indoor stadium, Football stadium, swimming pools, etc) and cultural complexes
* Access to Internet cafes and High speed WIFI Internet
* Access to University ATM machines
* Arrangements of excursions and educational tours in Ukraine and all Countries
* 24 hours security in hostels Students are given full visa support to visit India during the summer vacations (July 1st to September 10th)